Awaiting Feedback [FF2] AFK Manager 2: Electric Boogaloo (1 Viewer)

Add an AFK Manager to EU FF2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kruphixx

This is kind of a "bump" to the old thread, since I was told I'm allowed to do this.

Okay so the AFK issue still happens a lot, I guess it's more noticeable nowadays with the lack of admins. There's also a new kind of "trend" where people switch to spectator and just sit there for hours, taking up a slot. Currently it's incredibly frustrating, especially considering that it's summer and the server is full most of the time, so others can't really join unless they're donators.

Looking at it now, my guess is that the AFK manager was never implemented because I never really gave any type of solution in the original thread, like a plugin or commands.

First option - commands to deal with the AFK problem.

Screenshot 2024-08-16 105642.png

mp_idledealmethod 1 would be perfect since it also kicks people if they're still idle in spectator. Max idle time could be 5 minutes or something, I think it's more than enough. I suppose this is a more aggressive method to dealing with the AFK problem.

Another option is a plugin which has plenty of options for customization, and also allows admins to move people to spectator mode themselves with the sm_afk_spec command. This whole thing has another huge benefit - bans for excessively AFKing could potentially be avoided entirely.

I'm not sure what kind of poll to add here other than "Yes No", I guess it's up to Kevin what he wants to implement in the end. This thread is only for EU FF2 since EU VSH is no longer active.

Figured I'd post an example. Five AFK players is a bit much. I tried using /call at least twice but nobody came.

Now you might ask - why not just report them? Making a report on AFK players can be a huge hassle because you have to record them for quite a while for the report to be valid, probably no admin's gonna accept a record on an afk player that has been afk for one round even if it's long. The whole thing is just a huge waste of time. That's why an AFK manager is needed.

20240831193539_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread