Declined [JB] Definitively ban Nine Crush (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolPoppinSince02

Donator
It's a kill order.
Imagine saying "no jumping" in Sweeper.

Kinda like CC without a warning, it used to be done on occasion as a joke.
Now much like CC toggling, it's becoming more prevalent than it needs to be.
Just another unfun option that terrible wardens can use.

I'm not entirely sure if we should remove it entirely, having it as LR only feels fine. Even if it is rarely done in the first place. It only really sees play in xmf (due to it being it's own designated minigame) with rare exceptions based on the warden. Never really found much issue with the minigame itself because it's basically orangers die or don't die with 9 sections. But if people really don't like it. Restricting it to LR only feels like a good compromise.

To clear up potential confusion, I believe this isn't for nine square, but for the modifier where reds have to stand on a square in crush game and hope they dont get crushed on the first round.

I only have ever really seen this be played on XMF (as it has its own minigame designed for that purpose).

While I am neutral towards this minigame, I feel maybe restricting it to being only allowed in the Ninecrush on XMF would be a fair compromise.

• Sad
Reactions: _Black
When it comes to Nine Crush whenever I saw it get played I was always a little iffy on it. However, like SirKrookodile has stated, it's not really that much different than existing mini-games. 9 square, 4 corners, die or don't die, are all chance based mini-games that exist and do a similar job. I know there's so many people who really don't like it though, so if people really wanna get rid of it I'd say LR only is a good compromise.

• Indifferent
When it comes to Nine Crush whenever I saw it get played I was always a little iffy on it. However, like SirKrookodile has stated, it's not really that much different than existing mini-games. 9 square, 4 corners, die or don't die, are all chance based mini-games that exist and do a similar job. I know there's so many people who really don't like it though, so if people really wanna get rid of it I'd say LR only is a good compromise.
I would argue the reason why people might be against Nine Crush when compared to other luck-based minigames is because of how low the chances of living for each individual red are (1 in 9, compared to something like 3 in 4 in Four Corners).

• Agree
For clarification, yes, this is like Crabf said.
Nine Square is fine. Nine Crush is when Reds are told to AFK freeze in Crush game.
Therein I think Nine Crush is a kill order, and ultimately not fun.

For clarification, yes, this is like Crabf said.
Nine Square is fine. Nine Crush is when Reds are told to AFK freeze in Crush game.
Therein I think Nine Crush is a kill order, and ultimately not fun.
To further this, Crush game ought to be a skill based minigame.
Luck based minigames can exist, but telling Reds to AFK freeze in Crush game changes a skill based game into a luck based one.
Like I said with the AFK in Sweeper example, but that is favortism no question.
Hence the point of the poll, to ban Nine Crush as well for similar pretenses .

Absolutely against this. I don't understand the reason given to ban it either.
It's a kill order.
Unlike sweeper where you will inevitably die, nine crush is nothing like that.
It has been changed from a mix of rng and skill to purely rng. It has become like nine squares or four corners except with odds stacked way higher against the player.

Logically it should require atleast 9 or more reds for this to be allowed.

Okay what would you prefer, 10 seconds 9 Crush, or 4 Minutes 9 Square till 1 square left.

This is such a nonproblem imo, it probably isnt getting played as much as it was back then as far as I can remember. And this game wasnt a Problem either back then.

Hell, i will play disco square (1 red afk on a square) on hop jb if necessary.

I'm not entirely sure if we should remove it entirely, having it as LR only feels fine. Even if it is rarely done in the first place. It only really sees play in xmf (due to it being it's own designated minigame) with rare exceptions based on the warden. Never really found much issue with the minigame itself because it's basically orangers die or don't die with 9 sections. But if people really don't like it. Restricting it to LR only feels like a good compromise.
Anything we restrict to LR only besides the Warpigs like HNS and HG will never be played ever again....

me when the reds are forced to play a minigame they don't like but decide not to rebel anyway and die to a game they didnt want to play and then complain about it on the forums cause they died playing a minigame that isnt an exploit, has a warning that the game is going to be played, and is completely fair for the warden to do if they wish to

idk why every minigame/type of minigame etc is trying to be forced into LR only/banned outright or have rules on how to play them.
Unless the minigame is actively hurting the gamemode then I don't see why restrictions need to be put in place.
The point of Jailbreak is to...you know...rebel...if you don't like the warden minigames...
You are not forced to play the minigames, and we should force random rules on minigames because eventually there will just be no creativity between minigames as everything is going to get banned or restricted lol

It's a kill order.

Kinda like CC without a warning, it used to be done on occasion as a joke.
Now much like CC toggling, it's becoming more prevalent than it needs to be.
Just another unfun option that terrible wardens can use.
If anything this makes the boring 9 square faster for everyone…

Anything we restrict to LR only besides the Warpigs like HNS and HG will never be played ever again....
Yeah I personally don't think it should be restricted at all since I see no issue with it. Like nobody ever has chosen 9crush as their LR so it might as well be banned if it does get restricted to LR only but it's always a compromise. I'm sure some people would feel inclined to do 9crush as a custom LR if it does get restricted. It hardly gets played as is. And if it does get restricted the amount of play it does get might as well stay the exact same.

Yeah I personally don't think it should be restricted at all since I see no issue with it. Like nobody ever has chosen 9crush as their LR so it might as well be banned if it does get restricted to LR only but it's always a compromise. I'm sure some people would feel inclined to do 9crush as a custom LR if it does get restricted. It hardly gets played as is. And if it does get restricted the amount of play it does get might as well stay the exact same.
The problem with restricting them LR only, is that there are more fun/exciting LRs.
You certainly dont work hard for an LR just to do 9Crush, you probably go with Hungergames, RTD Day, etc...

Unless its really apparent that wardens would attempt 9Crush 24/7 on the server, but instead on average maybe a few times in a day or even a week, we might be better of just not changing anything because that would just add to the confusion of everyone. (Myself included)

idk why every minigame/type of minigame etc is trying to be forced into LR only/banned outright or have rules on how to play them.
Unless the minigame is actively hurting the gamemode then I don't see why restrictions need to be put in place.
The point of Jailbreak is to...you know...rebel...if you don't like the warden minigames...
You are not forced to play the minigames, and we should force random rules on minigames because eventually there will just be no creativity between minigames as everything is going to get banned or restricted lol
Declaration-of-Independence-113492099-2147878040.jpg

To further this, Crush game ought to be a skill based minigame.
Luck based minigames can exist, but telling Reds to AFK freeze in Crush game changes a skill based game into a luck based one.
It's a kill order.

Should giving an afk order inside of fall game also be banned? How about deathcrate? Boxgame? Bumblebeam? Awp Dodge? None of these are kill orders as you can technically survive all of them with a bit of luck but I suppose if we ought to not make skill based games luck based (despite that no rule like that has ever existed) we need to ban them all 😔.

me when the reds are forced to play a minigame they don't like but decide not to rebel anyway and die to a game they didnt want to play and then complain about it on the forums cause they died playing a minigame that isnt an exploit, has a warning that the game is going to be played, and is completely fair for the warden to do if they wish to

Yes but no.
When I enter Crush game, I expect Crush game. Only for warden to tell Reds to AFK freeze in the game.

• Dumb
View attachment 31052

Should giving an afk order inside of fall game also be banned? How about deathcrate? Boxgame? Bumblebeam? Awp Dodge? None of these are kill orders as you can technically survive all of them with a bit of luck but I suppose if we ought to not make skill based games luck based (despite that no rule like that has ever existed) we need to ban them all 😔.
AFK in Boxgame, Bumblebeam, and AWP Dodge ought to be kill orders too I agree.
If the solution is to ban them all, then yes we should.
My point being is that these fundamentally are Kill Orders. Nine Crush is the one chosen today because of how often I've played it in the past week alone.

AFK in Boxgame, Bumblebeam, and AWP Dodge ought to be kill orders too I agree.
If the solution is to ban them all, then yes we should.
My point being is that these fundamentally are Kill Orders. Nine Crush is the one chosen today because of how often I've played it in the past week alone.
They are not tho.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread